Yearly Donations Goal: 300 CAD, Received: 170 CAD (57%)
Nexus fully promotes community dialogue in a setting of mutual respect which can often times be demonstrated in healthy and even heated debate. Although the administrators and moderators of Nexus Community Forum - 2012info.ca will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review every posted message. All messages posted become the property of Nexus Community Forum - 2012info.ca however they remain the views of the author, and neither the owners of Nexus Community Forum - 2012info.ca, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
Instant Moderation Offenses
These offenses can result in temporary forum suspensions or permanent bans. If you get a warning, heed it!
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. You also warrant to not be a disruptive energy while posting, editing or private messaging within this community. This includes but not limited to trolling, harassment of members, use of sock-puppets, self promotion and editing of posts to modify original content.
- Insults. Direct personal insult of another forum member (e.g., "You are an idiot.") and other name-calling. Why? Because this isn't grade school. People should be able to discuss or even dispute other's posts without insulting people. You may dispute somebody's opinion but not attack/flame the person who stated it. There are a lot of other non-direct-personal insults that won't necessary get you banned instantly, but depending on the context/nature may lead to post editing, post deletion, warnings, or time-outs. They include telling people to shut up and being extremely or repeatedly rude or sarcastic. It's not your place to tell other users they are not welcome; if they follow the rules, they are welcome. Bottom line -- don't try to tick off others and don't make discussions unnecessarily personal. If somebody else insults you, report their post; their post does not give you a license to break the rules by returning their insults. Although we do not read Private Messages sent between forum members, the rules for appropriate and inappropriate content apply to them as well.
- Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs.
- Registration rules. Violation of the rules you agreed to when registering for the site: that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
- Multiple registration. You may register only one account, and if you were banned or given a temporary forum time-out, you may not reregister. Reinstatement can come only from an administrator. For this reason, people who register from WIFI networks, proxy servers, or VPN Tunnels may be denied entry at the discretion of staff. If you have multiple people in the same location wishing separate accounts from the same IP, or have a need for VPN/proxy service for any reason then please contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful. Sensationalism.
- Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned.
- Promotion. Self-promotion or religious promotion is unfair to our members who do not wish to be a target market. Forum posts should be free of ads and promotions that benefit the poster. Legitimate recommendations and requests for help are permitted, but in ambiguous circumstances users without a previous forum track record will not be given the benefit of the doubt. (GFL is considered a religion at Nexus)
- Private Content. Do not post the content of private correspondences or the personal info/contact details of anyone.
Your purpose in joining Nexus or posting should not be to solely promote, advertise, or otherwise call attention to your site, blog, product, or business.
Self-promotion is unfair to our members who do not wish to be a target market. Forum posts should be free of ads and promotions that benefit the poster. Legitimate recommendations and requests for help are permitted, but in ambiguous circumstances users without a previous forum track record will not be given the benefit of the doubt.
Memberships created solely for these purposes will be banned.
- Advertising. Using the forums for advertising, site or product promotion, or for business deals and offers. You may not make posts to promote commercial, personal, or not-for-profit websites, products, or services. Threads will be deleted if their purpose is to advertise, announce, or promote products, services, or organizations, build traffic at other websites, carry out business activities, or for similar purposes that do not benefit our forum community.
- Shilling. If you pretend to be a consumer who recommends your own product(s) or favors your own product(s) over others, without admitting your affiliation, you will be banned. Vendors who post in threads only to criticize a competitor's product while promoting their own will also be banned.
- Soliciting. You may not use the forums to solicit donations, votes, or participants for surveys, contests, or product testing without staff approval. Employment requests/offers are limited to the circumstances and is at the discretion of staff. Better to ask first by emailing staff at email@example.com.
- Self-promotion. Self-promotional links to your blog, video channel, product, business, etc. are limited to your forum signature and your user profile, even if you have a wonderful and useful site, blog, product, or business.
We welcome authors, artists, and bloggers to share their work and engage productively with members as any other member without a book, portfolio, or blog. Engage, interact, and inform but not for the sole purpose of making your next sale.
Religion and Salvation Promotion
Your purpose in joining Nexus or posting should not be to promote, advertise, or otherwise call attention to affiliated religious belief systems and or belief structure as the all powerful truth that must be accepted for personal salvation.
Savior-promotion is unfair to our members who do not wish to be a missionary market.
Other Forums and Alternative Media Personalities
- Religion. It is obvious that much of the conspiracy genre is convoluted and full of various belief systems that may be offensive to various religious establishments. Preaching, passing judgements, promoting religion as non-debatable, and or condemning anyone for their beliefs is not acceptable and the religiously ardent may find themselves challenged here. Open minds are welcome.
- Galactic Federation of Light (GFL). "Alien saviors coming to save planet earth and earthlings in spaceships" is similar enough to "God(s) coming to save planet earth and earthlings on white fluffy clouds" so they are treated no differently here. Since preaching, passing judgements, and promoting religion as non-debatable is not allowed, it only seems fair that saying the same about aliens should not be allowed as well. Weekly GFL newsletter postings are not admissible just as a Sunday school classes cut and pasted teachings aren't either. Although we do have a section for GFL, it is really just the dumping ground of posts of this nature and we reserve the right to remove them at the discretion of staff. Open minds are welcome.
- Channeling. You may not use the forums to solicit your own channeling or the channeling of others. We do have a section for channeling for commentary purposes and discussion. If you have channeled material you wish to analyze then it is better to ask first by emailing staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your purpose in joining Nexus or posting should not be to defame, slander, libel, and or negatively impact the work of others in the alternative community be they Alternative Media Personalities, non-members, or other forums in general. Please do not join Nexus to carry over an argument from a place you just got banned from.
Many members hold different media personalities sacred and helpful to them, while they may dislike those YOU prefer. Be respectful and try and keep the communication constructive and friendly based on the principles under RESPECT.
Forum Etiquette & Principles
These are general guidelines for preferred behavior at Nexus. While deviating some may generate no response from staff, others can generate an immediate response from staff based on the severity of the action, frequency, and context of the situation.
Guidelines: Show respect for your fellow posters. Expect and accept that other users may have strongly held opinions that differ from yours.
Guidelines: Be willing to engage in source and opinion-based, constructive debate. Look for ways to inform and learn from others.
- Name-calling. Name-calling falls into the category of insults and will be treated as such according to the forum rules, your own opinion about another member notwithstanding. You can't call a bigot a bigot, or a troll a troll, any more than you can call an idiot an idiot. You can disagree with the content of another member's statement or give your evidence or opinion to dispute their claims, but you may not make a negative personal characterization about that member. Doing so may result in moderation based upon the severity of the action.
- Insults. Slurs and insults against groups of people based on negative-stereotyping and obvious generalizations fall into the category of trolling and will be treated as such. These posts may be removed by staff and or that member receiving moderation.
- Taunting. Mocking or taunting another forum member is not acceptable. Posts that ridicule another member or obviously exaggerate or misstate their views may be removed and or that member receive moderation.
- Distracting Images. Be respectful. Please avoid the use of flashing or overly distracting animated signature or avatar images. This also extends to the use of images of historical or a topical person of infamous significance such as Hitler or Charles Manson being used as avatars or in signatures.
- Forum Sliding. This is a term which means the flooding of a forum, or category, with unrelated threads, either intentional or unintentional, which causes the other threads, already in a given category, to "slide" down the thread list on the first page and even reach the second page out of sight before many responses have generated interest. Be respectful and realize that unintentional flooding can bury the threads of others quickly.
- Medical advice. Do not use the forum to request or provide help with medical conditions or medications that could harm another or yourself, you are always best to seek the advice of your doctor. New alternative or old suppressed natural remedies are a given in conspiracy forums and so that grey area will be managed at the discretion of staff.
- Drug Use References. While legitimate discussion of drug related issues is generally acceptable the avocation or description of personal drug use is not. Promoting or recommending alternative or potentially harmful medications to visitors is ill advised while discussion of alternative therapies and or cures are to be done with care and cautionary disclaimers.
- Sources. Link your sources as well as separating sourced material from your commentary by the use of quotes or italics to make it clear who the author is.
- Trolling. Posts that appear to be designed to cause argument or irritate rather than contribute to a constructive discussion are considered trolling and will be treated as such.
- Category. General Discussion is for discussion of general topics not covered in the various forum categories listed. Be kind and start a thread in the appropriate category. Staff will occasionally move threads around accordingly to keep the information as sorted as possible.
- Duplicate discussions. If a new thread repeats a topic that has been previously discussed or debated, without basis for a separate discussion, the thread may be closed, removed, or merged into an earlier thread on the same topic. A news report on a previously discussed issue doesn't automatically deserve a new thread.
- Bumping. Add a constructive statement to a sliding thread instead of an empty "bump".
- Opening Posts. When starting a thread, try not to post just a link or a news story. Add your own commentary to it and spark a discussion.
- Sock Puppetry. Do not post under more than one alias at the same time or pretend to be more than one person via multiple accounts. This is a bannable offense.
- Role-playing. Do not use the forum to 'role-play' as an established personality or fictitious character or entity.
Guidelines: Stay within the forum rules to preserve your membership privileges.
Forum features and how to post, create threads, imbed videos, imbed pictures, manage/customize your profile, change your settings, add avatars and signatures, and much more can be found by searching or referring to the Nexus FAQ
The administration of Nexus Community Forum - 2012info.ca reserves the right to edit, move or close any content item deemed in violation of this agreement as well as remove the membership of any member they feel has broken this agreement. Any questions about these rules should be forwarded to staff at email@example.com.
- Reporting. Members should report posts to call the moderators' attention to troublesome posts/posters.
- Responsibility. Each member is held responsible for their own posts and for nobody else's posts. "I was goaded into breaking the rules" is not an excuse. If you think a post is inappropriate, report it, ignore it, and/or respond without breaking the rules.
- Suspensions. Forum members whose posts are removed for violating these rules may be subject to temporary or permanent account suspension (bans), particularly for repeated or serious rules violations.
- Appeal. Do not start threads or make posts to complain about, petition against or to query moderator action. If you disagree with action taken by a member of staff you have the option to appeal the decision by PMing a moderator or administrator.
- Jurisdiction. Do not bring complaints to staff concerning issues outside of the forum. We will enforce these rules as they are transgressed on the forum only.
- Rule quoting. Please do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report post' button.
NeXus reserves the right to modify these rules at any time without notice.