Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:20:54 GMT
Are The Solar Polar Fields Done Flipping Yet?
Read More »
Tarot
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tarot

1. View Post #1
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times
    in 420 Posts

Tarot

Any Tarot users amongst us? What do you use it for? Have you any theory on how it works? What deck do you use? Do you have a favourite card? Any tips or insights you'd like to share?

I don't buy in to the fortune telling aspect but I've been exploring it lately as a counselling tool for personal growth and I think it's awesome. I'm still very much a beginner but I think it's basically a way of connecting to our higher selves/subconscious via symbols.

Harmony is the highest natural state, so anyone opposing it must fail.

Though I do have my first few grey beard hairs, I'm not quite White Gandalf, yet.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anno For This Useful Post:

Gardener (6th April 2012), Jenci (5th April 2012), sandy (5th April 2012), Woody (5th April 2012)

3. View Post #2
    United States Junior Member AlienGirl's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 31 Times
    in 13 Posts

Re: Tarot

Since everything is vibrational, when you are concentrating on a question while shuffiling the Tarot Cards, the universe responds to the vibrational inquiry by arranging the cards to respond to your question. They are not fortune cards. They will respond to the current vibration, so the response can change when your vibration changes. So they tell you what are your 'current' options. Since there can be changes in your life to alter the response, they only offer you guidance or probabilities. I use all decks and collect them for the inspired art. I usually use the "cat" deck. I consult New Moon, Full Moon, and seasonal changes. My question is usually: What vibrations are manifesting for me with this Full Moon energy"...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlienGirl For This Useful Post:

Jenci (7th April 2012), sandy (7th April 2012)

5. View Post #3
    United Arab Emirates Junior Member arunmarvel6's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times
    in 2 Posts

Probably Tarot reading is just making fun by reading questions or playing deck cards. However many of them use it to predict their future.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to arunmarvel6 For This Useful Post:

pod (11th December 2013)

7. View Post #4
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 869 Times
    in 465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlienGirl View Post
    Since everything is vibrational, when you are concentrating on a question while shuffiling the Tarot Cards, the universe responds to the vibrational inquiry by arranging the cards to respond to your question.
    While all atoms "vibrate" in a sense, (spin) and frequencies have vibrational properties, the above quote is absolute bullshit.

8. View Post #5
    Mexico Dark Prophet Frank Hewitt's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 185 Times
    in 128 Posts

pod, i don´t want to lecture you but calling bullshit some else´s view may be accurate but will eliminate all possibilities of debate and change of opinion.
    AlienGirl, if the universe (in its vibrationality) changed according to what you "want" then nothing would make sense, right? Why then bother with physics at all? Because physics (and basically all science) is based on determinism, which means that it does not matter what you want, the truth is not a matter of opinion.
    Let´s say that belief creates, then there would be universal chaos, we would be in an eternal fight between yahweh, vishnu, amaterasu, and all other gods, because just because someone believed in them they exist. I hope everyone can see how "belief creates" is an absolute absurdity.
    If you still have doubts, repeat the tarot ritual and you will get absolutely different results not because you "vibration" changed but because you did not cause it in the first place.
    You could argue that Tarot helps you in looking at yourself, but we already have Psychiatry, why bother with Tarot anyway?

I have always found the idea of death comforting.
    The thought that my life could end at any moment frees me.
    -Bryan Fuller´s Hannibal Lecter

9. View Post #6
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 869 Times
    in 465 Posts

Dude, that quoted statement is bullshit...period.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Hewitt View Post
    will eliminate all possibilities of debate and change of opinion.
    Go do your study on the origins of the tarot. Don't expect me to fetch it for you, go find it yourself and will see where my "bullshit' comes from.

10. View Post #7
    Canada Senior Nexian Senior Nexian flower's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,919 Times
    in 3,485 Posts

Tarot.. Iching... runes... they are all just a compas to me..

a tool.

And then its more about the weilder, then the actual cards imo

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! ~Dr. Seuss

Cancer does not define me, how i fight it will

11. View Post #8
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,391 Times
    in 1,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    While all atoms "vibrate" in a sense, (spin) and frequencies have vibrational properties, the above quote is absolute bullshit.
    viewed from a naturalistic perspective I agree with this statement, yet also agree with the metaphysical interpretation as well, at least as a scientific probability with huge potential, the next scientific frontier in fact

Quote Originally Posted by AlienGirl View Post
    Since everything is vibrational, when you are concentrating on a question while shuffiling the Tarot Cards, the universe responds to the vibrational inquiry by arranging the cards to respond to your question.
    modern science only includes "measurement and conclusion" found through the scientific method alone, which is rooted in observable repeatable phenomenon, which I propose has stunted scientific development, exuding philosophy (the foundation of innovation and ancestor to science) by reducing it to euphemisms like fringe theory, a mental condition (parapsychology), and pseudo science (fake science, - lying, false) while it has gone somewhat uninvestigated, reminding me of the quote by Dr. Stephen Rorke

The main purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated.

I digress, yet it is an important point which established a context in which "scientific" judgment emerges from

plus

like any other mystical systems that defy naturalism, gets bastardized through cultural recognition and expansion without responsible and rational guidance by science, allowing superstition to enter the narrative of definition of said mystical system, I think other historical opinions state that systems like astrology, numerology, the I ching, and even Tarot have been so updated through cultural forces has in turn, it diverted so far from original methodology that they have lost their ability to function as advertized as it always has been since long ago to many mystical systems, all while we keep discovering ancient ruins that could not even be built with current technology - go figure that we call these people barbaric and slow witted

yet modern revelations in quantum mechanics, and even particle physics, dictate that the subjective view of environment, not only plays a role in the naturalistic result of all phenomenon from the sub-atomic on up, but perhaps a major role that defines reality itself

which would mean that it is not the cards that are the magical source of all mysticism, but the observer through belief in ritual, which effects the quantum field somehow yet demonstrably shapes measurable reality through human expectation - repeatable results from lab experiments that are recognized by naturalism - and that any deck of cards, with any type of pictures would deliver the same results

so I think both are right, the same affirmation of the same truth - just lost in translation, which only appear mutually exclusive - yet cannot relate to the "sacredness" of the tarot system, nor find it all that special, but a repeatable subjective phenomenon that repeats positive results and insight, like most mystical paths

is it based in reality as Ross suggest with a corrupt background? perhaps

yet perhaps reality is itself a result of such mystical things only now finding a scientific explanation

my two cents

“Resistance is Futile - Adaptation is Evolution”
    - Heretic

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heretic For This Useful Post:

Amer (11th December 2013)

13. View Post #9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times
    in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Dude, that quoted statement is bullshit...period
    Pod I just love when you go all shy ......

I always thought that the Tarot cards originated in Italy mid 14th century, and were traditionally nothing more than an ordinary playing card. The occult association started in the 18th century and I've never understood it fully, but I imagine they looked the part for anyone seeking out something mystical and esoteric.

Today in Italy these playing cards are called "le carte napoletane" - which I have never learnt how to use as they've always confused me. But the Italians love their cards especially at christmas and always use this type of deck:

Name:  carte_piacentine_per_giocare_a_scopa.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  82.7 KB

know thyself

14. View Post #10
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,391 Times
    in 1,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amer View Post
    I always thought that the Tarot cards originated in Italy mid 14th century
    my understanding is that this is true, yet also in France too - perhaps all of Europe

as a result of cultural popularity

of an already older mystical system of divination, so I am not so convinced of the origins but more or less a date representing the critical mass of popularity and perhaps superstitious augmentation

not saying the early system worked, it is just suggested it did by supporters and the disenfranchised

my two cents

“Resistance is Futile - Adaptation is Evolution”
    - Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog