Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:33:14 GMT
X Class Solar Flare, Exo-comets, Eclipse | S0 News October...
Read More »
Eckhart Tolle - A New Earth
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eckhart Tolle - A New Earth

1. View Post #1
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 543 Times
    in 173 Posts

Eckhart Tolle - A New Earth

Today I found the link to a free audiobook of Eckhart Tolle's
    "A New Earth" which I found very inspiring and helpful in
    understanding how the Ego works and how to keep my
    emotions under control.
    It is also a great tool to end the pain that we all have in ourselves
    to a certain degree.
    At the very minimum it offers a different perspective on the human psyche.

http://archive.org/details/EckhartTolleANewEarth

not sure why it is free and how long it will stay up on the site.

Similar Threads:

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Raven For This Useful Post:

Alan (16th April 2012), Amer (16th April 2012), flower (11th April 2012), Gardener (11th April 2012), Going by (12th April 2012), Greybeard (16th April 2012), Jenci (11th April 2012), Kindling (16th April 2012), robert (16th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

3. View Post #2
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times
    in 705 Posts

Re: Eckhart Tolle - A New Earth

Hi Raven! ;-) Eckhart Tolle is a fascinating subject to me. It's kind of a long story, but back in the mid '70s I had studied Anthroposophy which is the science & amazing findings of the clairvoyant Rudolf Steiner. Anyway, I also had a clairvoyant prof. He would talk about something major happening in our lifetimes. And one day he said something intriguing. (But everything he said was intriguing actually!) He said that "Christ will be returning in your lifetimes". And he said that 42 other Masters volunteered to come & live among us also -- to help with the great effort needed to help humanity leading up to this great "event". I've always remembered that. The Masters, he said, would be living among us unawares, sort of "incognito".

Now back to Eckhart Tolle. I've often sensed that he is a significant individual. And I've wondered if he could be one of those Masters. It's great that you gave the audio link. My sense of why they're making it available now free is that time is short before this amazing change. Bottom line tho, there's nothing to be afraid of. All will be well in the end. But, as I understand it, the Masters have been working dlligently for the past decades, helping to elevate as much energy and awareness before this "event" so that as much of the population as possible will be in a good position to handle it. I've sensed that they've helped alot with the whole New Age movement. Maybe they've wrote books and/or inspired books to be written & groups/organizations formed etc.

The audio version of The Power Of Now is the most powerful to me. To me "A New Earth" is good, but it's geared toward helping people get over the densest part of their beings. It speaks of "the pain body", which I understand as the astral body that hangs onto negative emotions. It's great for freeing yourself of emotional binding, but "The Power of Now" is most powerful to me anyway. AND THE AUDIO version especially! When I hear him speaking it -- he reads it himself -- I FEEL the strength of who he is -- if that makes sense. If you're sensitive you can FEEL more of who he is by hearing him speak.

Kristen

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KristenAnn For This Useful Post:

Alan (16th April 2012), alienHunter (17th April 2012), Greybeard (16th April 2012), Kindling (16th April 2012), robert (16th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

5. View Post #3
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 543 Times
    in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KristenAnn View Post
    He said that "Christ will be returning in your lifetimes". And he said that 42 other Masters volunteered to come & live among us also -- to help with the great effort needed to help humanity leading up to this great "event". I've always remembered that. The Masters, he said, would be living among us unawares, sort of "incognito".
    I know what you mean and I think that this whole thing is a hopeful message.
    There is the aspect though that most people are getting tired of religion because
    it was used to control people. So saying that "Christ" returns will tip some people
    off just because the association to christianity is being made.

The other aspect to keep in mind is that certain self-proclaimed healers or gurus
    or masters will use this information to get money and devotion out of people
    by giving them false hope.

In the alternative community, people are being very cautious about the spiritual
    leaders that pop up from anywhere suddenly. There has been a good discussion
    about this here:
    http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/showt...2504#post72504
    here:
    http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/showt...of-his-Mansion
    and a nexus-radio-show about it here:
    http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/showt...6-The-Audience
    the radio show was just recorded 2 weeks ago and it features some of our members.

Personally I have read both book and I posted this particular audio for a friend
    here on Nexus that needs to heal and would probably benefit from this knowledge.
    I also like it better cause it explains so well how we can be masters over our own emotions
    and how it explains the Ego.
    That seems to be a hot topic these days.

"When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging" Will Rogers

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raven For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (17th April 2012), Greybeard (16th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

7. View Post #4
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times
    in 705 Posts

Nice. Yes, I didn't mean to 'dis' "A New Earth". You're right, it's great for helping heal emotions. Just meant that personally I liked the other one better. Yes, I agree -- it's really too easily misunderstood if you mention "Christ". People are too apt to take is as a religious thing and get defensive. You're right.

It's interesting trying to get to the bottom of all these mysteries -- to figure out exactly who these "masters" including the Christ actually are. I've never been into religions myself. I've just always sought to understand things from their deepest levels. I think we're definitely living at probably the most interesting time in history. Both the alignment spoken of by the scientists & astronomers and also the Mayan prophecy "coincidentally" both point out Dec. 21st of this year as a day of tremendous change. The Mayans DID NOT indicate that time would END then, but that time WOULD NEVER BE THE SAME as of this date. So, master calendar makers that they were -- and they made 11 or so different calendars going by different celestial bodies -- they couldn't continue making the calendars. Their prophetic vision (ie. clarvoyance) let them see that there will be a tremendous change on that day, and time will no longer be the same afterward. To me it supports the idea that it will be a dimensional shift. That we'll be going thru the dimension of time, and probably thru a spiritual dimension also. I sense that many interesting things will be happening leading up to December. I also sense that the important thing will be not to allow ourselves to be afraid. Fear in itself lowers one's energy level and ability to make good decisions. My sense is that it's going to be one great adventure that we planned to be here for and make together. Just my sense of it. ;-)

Kristen

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KristenAnn For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (17th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

9. View Post #5
    United States Former Member magamud's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,372 Times
    in 1,139 Posts

We are living in a lie is what any Master would tell you. Eck T. does a great job focusing one aspect of your mind and he does it so well people will just fall into that Religion.
    To get out of the Maze you must use your mind to think and do so objectively.
    You need to be conscious.....

10. View Post #6
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times
    in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart Tolle
    Seeing beauty in a flower could awaken humans, however briefly, to the beauty that is an essential part of their own innermost being, their true nature.
    We neglect/forget/refuse the beauty that is within us. It is easier to dwell on the negative, so much easier to feed it and watch it grow until it becomes greater than us.
    Why is that?

It's time to reclaim our beauty.

Thanks Raven for the link to the audio book

know thyself

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amer For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (17th April 2012), Raven (17th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

12. View Post #7
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,372 Times
    in 1,139 Posts

Not to break anybodies bubble or ride that is, but I think a great deal of our programming is to create these very quasi religious Spaces to escape in. I would say it is in proportion to what most people identify with as
    Dark vs light, Fear vs Love, Ugly vs Beautiful. If you catch my drift this dynamic never synthesizes itself which is evident in our world. They just polarize each other until they are so imbedded and inflexible,
    collision is one of the only sources for re organization.

I am just balancing this post from my humble POV...

13. View Post #8
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times
    in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magamud View Post
    Not to break anybodies bubble or ride that is
    Why would you suppose Mags that in the first place we are living in a bubble and in the second place you would possess the power to burst it?

quasi religious Spaces to escape in
    Define religious space.

You're not too bad at the old escaping trick yourself.

They just polarize each other until they are so imbedded and inflexible,
    You think polarity is negative?

If you catch my drift
    No. Expand.

know thyself

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amer For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (17th April 2012)

15. View Post #9
    United States Senior Member Limited Edition's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times
    in 658 Posts

They just polarize each other until they are so imbedded and inflexible,
    collision is one of the only sources for re organization.
    Polarization or collision would occur only if you cling to one or the other. They both come and go as separate existences, one disappearing before the other arrives. Have you read the book, Mags?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limited Edition For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (17th April 2012), Raven (17th April 2012)

17. View Post #10
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,372 Times
    in 1,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limited Edition View Post
    Have you read the book, Mags?
    No LE I have not.

Im suggesting, using the state of acceptance because all is an illusion? All is just is? All is nothing?
    Can be escapism....
    Furthermore people escaping from fear with that idea would be a polarization.

18. View Post #11
    United States Senior Member Limited Edition's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times
    in 658 Posts

Im suggesting, using the state of acceptance because all is an illusion? All is just is? All is nothing?
    Can be escapism....
    I agree with you if they are taking somebody else's word for it and not doing the work themselves. Eckhert is not a bad place to start, though.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Limited Edition For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (17th April 2012), magamud (16th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

20. View Post #12
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times
    in 1,022 Posts

Eckhart Tolle does sound like an interesting person...but in all times and all places it is intuited that the Anointed One will be returning which, of course, doesn't mean he/she won't be...

One thing that is true in all places and all times is that 'change' is coming. In fact, today manifests yesterday's change to come and tomorrow will manifest today's change to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by KristenAnn View Post
    Hi Raven! ;-) Eckhart Tolle is a fascinating subject to me. It's kind of a long story, but back in the mid '70s I had studied Anthroposophy which is the science & amazing findings of the clairvoyant Rudolf Steiner. Anyway, I also had a clairvoyant prof. He would talk about something major happening in our lifetimes. And one day he said something intriguing. (But everything he said was intriguing actually!) He said that "Christ will be returning in your lifetimes". And he said that 42 other Masters volunteered to come & live among us also -- to help with the great effort needed to help humanity leading up to this great "event". I've always remembered that. The Masters, he said, would be living among us unawares, sort of "incognito".

Now back to Eckhart Tolle. I've often sensed that he is a significant individual. And I've wondered if he could be one of those Masters. It's great that you gave the audio link. My sense of why they're making it available now free is that time is short before this amazing change. Bottom line tho, there's nothing to be afraid of. All will be well in the end. But, as I understand it, the Masters have been working dlligently for the past decades, helping to elevate as much energy and awareness before this "event" so that as much of the population as possible will be in a good position to handle it. I've sensed that they've helped alot with the whole New Age movement. Maybe they've wrote books and/or inspired books to be written & groups/organizations formed etc.

The audio version of The Power Of Now is the most powerful to me. To me "A New Earth" is good, but it's geared toward helping people get over the densest part of their beings. It speaks of "the pain body", which I understand as the astral body that hangs onto negative emotions. It's great for freeing yourself of emotional binding, but "The Power of Now" is most powerful to me anyway. AND THE AUDIO version especially! When I hear him speaking it -- he reads it himself -- I FEEL the strength of who he is -- if that makes sense. If you're sensitive you can FEEL more of who he is by hearing him speak.

Kristen

21. View Post #13
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times
    in 1,022 Posts

well, if that's true, I'm gonna watch a movie...
    No LE I have not.

Can be escapism....
    Furthermore people escaping from fear with that idea would be a polarization.

22. View Post #14
    New Zealand Senior Member Krystic's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times
    in 648 Posts

yep..it is a form of escapism..if you want to join in the hive mind(or mindlessness) of the "new earth-cage that feels very blissful but does not take you to your divine blueprint and potential then go for Tolle's stuff(which contains a lot of truth and valuable info but is a trap...the 5000+ year trap that has seduced many...advaita vedanta)...those who are awakening their DNA and getting clear guidance will feel the mind(less) loop that Tolle and that crowd are being sucked in to....it's pretty subtle but as the enrgies continue to realign things here it will become less subtle to many.

Tolles" new earth" is the same distorted realm/dimensional space that the hi-jacked mainstream new age is shepherding people in to ...the "5d earth" trip,..the realm of the false gods.

23. View Post #15
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times
    in 393 Posts

this should probably been posted in music-section
    ( or in zook 3,14 ..).

- but why not here , also .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKJuDxYr3I

( follow the links, or leads, or both, maybe none ..).

- so ( then what ?)

Last edited by noxon; 17th April 2012 at 02:08.

24. View Post #16
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 543 Times
    in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krystic View Post
    yep..it is a form of escapism..if you want to join in the hive mind(or mindlessness) of the "new earth-cage that feels very blissful but does not take you to your divine blueprint and potential then go for Tolle's stuff
    So you have read the book or listened to the audio. Always good to talk with open minded people that know their subject.

create these very quasi religious Spaces to escape in
    as you have stated, you have not read the material or listened to it.
    Otherwise you would probably have caught that he is not advocating any kind of religion or is in any form trying to create his own.

I would say it is in proportion to what most people identify with as
    Dark vs light, Fear vs Love, Ugly vs Beautiful.
    But why would you say that if you have not studied the discussed material?
    If you had, you would probably know that he is trying to teach people to not see things as dark vs light, fear vs. love. the idea is to empower people to not be so scared or judgemental and see how they get out of their pain.
    It has more to do with Psychology than Religion.

I am just balancing this post from my humble POV...

nah, I would not call it balancing. but nice try

Eck T. does a great job focusing one aspect of your mind and he does it so well people will just fall into that Religion.
    Again...nice try. I hope that nobody will fall for the bait.

You really don't have to do book reviews if you have not read the book.
    And that goes out to all of you humble opinionists and truth seekers.
    Just ignore the thread I suppose if you don't have time to read.
    I do that with quiet a few threads that I don't know anything about or I just read them to learn without engaging.

Unless someone will post prove that Tolle is involved in any kind of scientology,
    is attempting to take over the world or is telling us he is the reincarnated Jesus,
    I think his books are harmless enough.

How do I know that?
    Because I read them all.

My intention was not to advertise them here.
    I just want people to have access to the free information that I found and thought of as valuable. People will probably not do that as much if things are being picked apart like that. Hopefully that remark will not discourage anybody from intellectually questioning the content of the books here, after reading them.

Last edited by Raven; 17th April 2012 at 03:02. Reason: add important thought
    "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging" Will Rogers

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raven For This Useful Post:

Myst (17th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

26. View Post #17
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 734 Times
    in 234 Posts

i have read and listened to just about all of tolle. started with "power of now" over ten years ago. great book. really. it was a perfect starting point for me. i just recently revisited tolle and listened to just about all of his books/lectures again. and i listened to them repeatedly. he is a wonderful speaker and i my energy agrees with his energy. he has a way of teaching about the mind/mindless ego chatter and how to become aware of it and completely turn it off. and also he explains the pain body and how to recognize that too... then again to disengage from it. it is all about awareness. to become aware. to be conscious.

anyhow, after listening again to him repeatedly he did sound like a loop. and i realized, as much as i have learned from him, he is only a small stepping stone. he teaches valuable tools for living in this world without going crazy. i guess i am saying i understand the different ways he can be viewed. and it really seems to depend on where one is on their own personal path. so to hear some negative posts can seem disheartening. it also is a great "pointer" to dig deeper. keep eyes open. mind open. keep going and growing and searching.

belief drives behavior.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sllim11 For This Useful Post:

magamud (17th April 2012), noxon (17th April 2012), pillaroflight (17th April 2012), Raven (17th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

28. View Post #18
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times
    in 1,022 Posts

Hi Krystic,

So where should we be going? Hive minds are not mindless, on the contrary, it seems to me they are very directed and purposeful...lacking ego save that for the 'purpose'. What's so bad about that? If we are truly connected from a spiritual consciousness level why not do something productive for the whole?
    yep..it is a form of escapism..if you want to join in the hive mind(or mindlessness) of the "new earth-cage that feels very blissful but does not take you to your divine blueprint and potential then go for Tolle's stuff(which contains a lot of truth and valuable info but is a trap...the 5000+ year trap that has seduced many...advaita vedanta)...those who are awakening their DNA and getting clear guidance will feel the mind(less) loop that Tolle and that crowd are being sucked in to....it's pretty subtle but as the enrgies continue to realign things here it will become less subtle to many.

Tolles" new earth" is the same distorted realm/dimensional space that the hi-jacked mainstream new age is shepherding people in to ...the "5d earth" trip,..the realm of the false gods.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to alienHunter For This Useful Post:

sandy (17th April 2012)

30. View Post #19
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 92 Times
    in 47 Posts

Erm...didn't you post the Lisa Renee "ascension update for April" .....i'm confused?

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

a new earth audiobook

eckhart tolle download for free audiobook

SEO Blog