Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:30:58 GMT
Big Earthquake Strikes Guam | S0 News Sept 17, 2014
Read More »
Corrupt Canadian Banking System
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corrupt Canadian Banking System

1. View Post #1

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dukes4monny For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (14th April 2012), Amer (19th April 2012), Canzirka (13th April 2012), sandy (16th April 2012), ZookieMonster (14th April 2012)

3. View Post #2
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,489 Times
    in 721 Posts

Re: Corrupt Canadian Banking System

While she is right, I'm sad to see this girl just parroting what she has been programmed to think by religious parents. True or not, it just feels like this girl is being used.

Offense can only be taken, never given

"The funny thing is that you can actually force people to become slaves, but you can't force them to evolve nor become free" ~ Reaver

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VajraYaya For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (14th April 2012), Dex (14th April 2012), Dogon (19th April 2012), ZookieMonster (14th April 2012)

5. View Post #3
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,501 Times
    in 1,367 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, Dukes ... and yeah, absolutely, Yaya.

When 12-year-olds are taken away from the playground to pound the podium in front of seated adults on matters beyond the experiential wisdom of a child, e.g. school assemblies and what not ... then Ignorance has indeed become Strength. The message about banksters - established firmly in the alternate media and now beyond the crawl and quickly accelerating into mainstream media (because the truth is willing out) - is being hijacked and promoted through the child's worldview to mitigate the seriousness of the message.

From the mouths of babes, the harshest truths often sound like a running brook through the trees, holding spring-rested leaves to play with the gentle breeze on a warm summer day.

ps: We need to deliver the children back to the playground; assist the adults off their comfort duffs; and rescue the town halls before they become romper rooms with lunchboxes, naptimes, and playing mats. IMHO.

Cheers________ I have neither the knowledge nor the wisdom to be your messiah,and barely enough to be mine. ___
    Uncle Zook___ You can lead a horse to philosophers, but you can't make it think.
    __
    ___________ When surrounded by tinder wood, better to curse the darkness than light the candle.

________ I drink, therefore I am not because I have to.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZookieMonster For This Useful Post:

alienHunter (14th April 2012), VajraYaya (14th April 2012)

7. View Post #4
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times
    in 1,022 Posts

She might be factually right but facts are meaningless without context and correct interpretation of motivation. And it is definite she is doing a parrot thing...Her trainers should be ashamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by VajraYaya View Post
    While she is right, I'm sad to see this girl just parroting what she has been programmed to think by religious parents. True or not, it just feels like this girl is being used.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alienHunter For This Useful Post:

Dex (14th April 2012), VajraYaya (14th April 2012)

9. View Post #5
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 153 Times
    in 56 Posts

While I agree with the criticisms of the way it's 'contrived', I do ask the question: Was the adult audience actually listening to her?
    Aren't we all indoctrinated into a way of thinking and isn't this what the problem actually is? We keep (unknowingly) repeating the mistakes of the previous generations. This cycle needs breaking somehow. Instead of knocking those that are taking the initiative to try and get the message out there, why don't you offer a better solution?
    Anyone can preach a message on a forum, but how many of us have got the guts to stand up and do what this girl is doing?
    At some stage we have to admit to ourselves and then to our children that we have got it wrong and show them where the faults lie, and help them to get a clear view for their future.
    I have done this with my youngest daughter, and she is taking it in her stride and spreading the word in her own way.

I am atheist, but I do not knock people who have religion. We are all on different paths..........as long as we are all heading for the same destination, who cares how we all get there?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dukes4monny For This Useful Post:

Limited Edition (19th April 2012), sandy (16th April 2012)

11. View Post #6
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,501 Times
    in 1,367 Posts

I hear ya Dukes ... but disagree.

Children shouldn't be smoking cigars ... drinking hard liquor ... having sexual relations ... paying taxes ... fighting in wars ... etc.

There's plenty of things for children to do ... like blowing up balloons, filling them at the water tap, and tossing them around in the safe zone of the yard.

Lecturing adults on adult topics is not one of them.

Unless anyone can demonstrate that global finance is a child's matter ... then the above video is a clear example of manipulation.

ps: If truth is hard whiskey ... then you can have it straight ... or you can dilute it with water. A cleverly hidden tax on the truth, e.g. an obstacle to the truth.

Cheers________ I have neither the knowledge nor the wisdom to be your messiah,and barely enough to be mine. ___
    Uncle Zook___ You can lead a horse to philosophers, but you can't make it think.
    __
    ___________ When surrounded by tinder wood, better to curse the darkness than light the candle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ZookieMonster For This Useful Post:

Dogon (19th April 2012)

13. View Post #7
    Prolific Member Senior Nexian Odah's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,189 Times
    in 1,743 Posts

maybe if all children where taught how the money system worked before they where fully indoctrinated into the system.. the kids would force it to change..

i think teach kids about wehat money is and how it works where it will effect so much of their lives .. is the vital thing that is left out of the system ...the lack of education on money is why so many people have trouble with it ..

teaching kids how to engage in fair trade ..selling good they produce for a fair profit..instead of devaluing them to the point where after 12 years of regular schooling .. they are left with settling for minimum wage or going 40-100k in debt for a degree .

the rich teach their kids about money as soon as possible ..

the rich get richer the poor get poorer ..it is actually stated in the bible..to he who has more will be given..to he who has not more will be taken away ..

It's not the finacial system.. it's the education and religious systems that train most people to be have nots ..that allow the unfair finacial system to do what it has done ..

oh and yeah i don't like it when people stick a hyped script in than hands of a kid and have the preach to a crowd.. but at the same time it's kinda hard to have a kid sell a message of fear... unfairness but of course the system sucks ..most people where fine with it when they thought they where winning

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odah For This Useful Post:

Dukes4monny (17th April 2012), sandy (16th April 2012), ZookieMonster (16th April 2012)

15. View Post #8
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 153 Times
    in 56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZookieMonster View Post
    I hear ya Dukes ... but disagree.

Children shouldn't be smoking cigars ... drinking hard liquor ... having sexual relations ... paying taxes ... fighting in wars ... etc.
    Yes, that list is definitely all 'adult' issues, children do not get involved with any of them out of choice, it's strange that isn't it?

There's plenty of things for children to do ... like blowing up balloons, filling them at the water tap, and tossing them around in the safe zone of the yard.
    Ah yes, we need to put them through the state education system first before we let them loose on the world. Yes, I admit that I put four of my children through the state education system before wiseing up to what I had done and have taken a slightly different approach with the fifth. As an adult I have finally remembered what I innately knew as a child........

Lecturing adults on adult topics is not one of them.
    That depends upon your definition of 'Adult'? Is there a specific age that children become adults, or, would you even entertain the notion that someone that looks like an adult can in fact behave exactly like a child?

Unless anyone can demonstrate that global finance is a child's matter ... then the above video is a clear example of manipulation.
    It doesn't need to be demonstrated, just take a look around in the real world.

ps: If truth is hard whiskey ... then you can have it straight ... or you can dilute it with water. A cleverly hidden tax on the truth, e.g. an obstacle to the truth.
    Wisdom doesn't come from words alone.

Here's a similar video but from what would normally be called an adult. does he know what he's talking about Zookie, or is he being manipulated too?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dukes4monny For This Useful Post:

ZookieMonster (16th April 2012)

17. View Post #9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,501 Times
    in 1,367 Posts

If you want a sugar-coated interpretation of reality, Eisenstein is your man, Dukes.

Money and economics are mere tools. The problem does not reside in the tools, but in the power pyramid that designs the tools.

That Eisenstein focuses on the tools as the culprit ... and not the toolmakers ... is telling. I'm sure his message will be promoted by the mainstream media, for it resonates with the falling of the old world order, the resulting chaos, and the replacement with a new world order. All engineered for sequence.

I guarantee you that Eisenstein is a shill in the duty of the Agenda for the 21st century. Reminds me of "Blessed Unrest" in many ways and Paul Hawken.

ps: The difference between the 12-year-old and Eisenstein ... is antiparallel orientation. The child is donning adult boots and the adult is donning child boots. I don't blame the 12-year-old girl because children are allowed to dress up and play. When an adult does that, its best done on stage so that the audience knows exactly what it is getting, namely, the dramatic arts. Yet another triumph for the cosmetic culture and the ethos of keeping up appearances, IMO.

__

18. View Post #10
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,501 Times
    in 1,367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Odah View Post
    maybe if all children where taught how the money system worked before they where fully indoctrinated into the system.. the kids would force it to change..
    Theoretical calculus is best taught at an older age, for only a handful of gifted children can hold it at an early age. No need to build Rome in a day. Sungha Jung is a gifted child. But you place a guitar in the average child's hands and natural interest wanes by lunchtime.

The 12-year-old girl might be precocious - I'm sure she is - but even she doesn't fully comprehend the stuff ... she just doesn't have the experiential wisdom required. IMO, prepubescent children are meant to explore the beauty of the world, not the science of it. The colors of the rainbow versus the wavelengths of the colors, as it were.

If parents want to teach their children responsibility with money, then the traditional stuff exists ... lemonade stands; chores around the house for nickels and dimes; managing piggy banks; etc.

Teaching stuff that most adults don't know sufficiently themselves ... is like teaching the child to drive a car before the mind and body are prepared for it.

i think teach kids about wehat money is and how it works where it will effect so much of their lives .. is the vital thing that is left out of the system ...the lack of education on money is why so many people have trouble with it ..
    Life's lessons will come in their appropriate time. There is a season to be born; a season to grow and live, a season to slow down; and a season to die in order to be born again. The cycle of seasons is a greater teacher than any parent.

Don't get me wrong, 12-year-olds should learn about the birds and the bees whenever the parents deem their child is ready. But they should not chirp or buzz until the time is right. Also, parent-child lessons are private lessons to be learned by the child ... but not to be preached to other children (whose parents might not appreciate the early complexity and any confusion that might create in their child). Certainly, in the video example of the 12-year-old girl, a child is preaching not to other children (a contentious thing in itself), but to other parents. If that isn't perverting the cycle of seasons out of turn, well ....

teaching kids how to engage in fair trade ..selling good they produce for a fair profit..instead of devaluing them to the point where after 12 years of regular schooling .. they are left with settling for minimum wage or going 40-100k in debt for a degree .

the rich teach their kids about money as soon as possible ..
    And the rich kids continue the power pyramid in turn. Is teaching poor kids about global finance actually going to solve the problem when they become adults? Or will they choose instead the paths of least resistance and personal gain - with an added knowledgebase by which to abuse the system (by knowing the bank's blueprints, as it were)? IMO, morality is the key to saving our next generation ... not superior knowledge of the monetary system (which really only benefits with experiential wisdom anyways).

Again, lemonade stands and piggy banks take care of economic discipline.

the rich get richer the poor get poorer ..it is actually stated in the bible..to he who has more will be given..to he who has not more will be taken away ..

It's not the finacial system.. it's the education and religious systems that train most people to be have nots ..that allow the unfair finacial system to do what it has done ..

oh and yeah i don't like it when people stick a hyped script in than hands of a kid and have the preach to a crowd.. but at the same time it's kinda hard to have a kid sell a message of fear... unfairness but of course the system sucks ..most people where fine with it when they thought they where winning
    I hear ya, Odes.

I just think that the key to fixing things ... is teaching morality. But hey, if understanding the money system at a high level is part of the moral education, then so be it. I'm just concerned about making kids efficient at anything ... or for that matter, making adults efficient. Too much efficiency is the death of humanity.

Here, making kids efficient is not to be confused with allowing precocious kids full access to their hobbies and interests. I wouldn't want Sungha Jung to be deprived of long hours at the guitar, if that's what he wants. But I also wouldn't want Sungha Jung wasting time teaching guitar to other children or adults. He probably wouldn't know how to teach it. Moreover, it could quickly lead to guitar fatigue. And the same can be said of the (precocious) 12-year-old girl. If economics is her personal interest or hobby ... more power to her. But practice, don't preach it. She may or may not be too young to play ... but she certainly is too young to teach.

Tumbled opinions all around.

__

19. View Post #11
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,189 Times
    in 1,743 Posts

lack of money ..or percieved lack of money ..is the root of many immoral acts..and just what is morality ..honestly..much of the bad thing that happen to people is du to lack of knowlege of how money works . and being devalued through their lives to accept very little money...if you think that not teaching kids about money the thing that will be the main factor in their lives..as most everything is determined by how much money someone can make ..

yeah let them sit on the playground with their managed child hood being kids ..and never teach them about money..look at where it has gotten us .. by arguing against teaching kids about money and how finance works ..you argue for the system the elite have put in place to insure perpetual slavery .

money will determin where someone live..what they eat..in many cases what group of friend they can have..where and if you can take a vacation ..again the current system is built to exploit and encourage most people to have really no knowlege about money ..accept the rich and elite ..

as for sunga jung.. he got his 10000 plus hours in on the guitar..he has a cd that he sells and he tours with some of the band he does cover music for ..i am sure the printing and sale of cd's especially covers that need copywright laws ..and then there is touring.. way to much for such a young kid right..

the lack of knowlege about finance and money ..is why it is so easy to enslave and con people ..if you teach kids about compound interests and how it works with credit cards ..and how if they borrow two grand on a credit card .and if the interest is high and they only pay the minimum balance ..by the time they pay it back they can pay 5 or 6 thousand dollars..

it might make it harder to give 18 year olds credit cards..but because they don't know how it works.. they start on their lives of debt slavory right away..with a credit card and a student loan ..

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Odah For This Useful Post:

Dukes4monny (17th April 2012), ZookieMonster (16th April 2012)

21. View Post #12
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,501 Times
    in 1,367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Odah View Post
    lack of money ..or percieved lack of money ..is the root of many immoral acts..and just what is morality ..honestly..much of the bad thing that happen to people is du to lack of knowlege of how money works . and being devalued through their lives to accept very little money...if you think that not teaching kids about money the thing that will be the main factor in their lives..as most everything is determined by how much money someone can make ..
    The topic is essential to our survival, true enough. Its carriage ... that's what is being questioned. The money system needs to be taught with a sensitivity and understanding that is tailored for the child's mind. It should not be taught as to burden the innocence and curiosity of the child's mind. The brutal realities of the world are hard enough on the adult mind let alone a child's. How many of us felt an emptiness inside when we first discovered the brutal underwriting of the world? Question begs, why would anyone want to expose the child to this underlining?

Let children be children. Let adults be adults. When we remove the adult-child barrier(s) ... we open the way for lost innocence in the child and diminished responsibility in the adult. There is no kind way to put this, Odes ... but it's videos like that in the OP that expose the sorry state of our world. Adults should be marching on city halls demanding action against the codified system of usury ... not cower in the indignity of being lectured by a an indoctrinated child.

yeah let them sit on the playground with their managed child hood being kids ..and never teach them about money..look at where it has gotten us .. by arguing against teaching kids about money and how finance works ..you argue for the system the elite have put in place to insure perpetual slavery .

money will determin where someone live..what they eat..in many cases what group of friend they can have..where and if you can take a vacation ..again the current system is built to exploit and encourage most people to have really no knowlege about money ..accept the rich and elite ..
    Lemonade stands, weekly allowances, piggy banks ... there are ways to teach children about money.

Talley sticks, fractional reserve principle, usury, debt-based economy, etc. ... are not one of them.

as for sunga jung.. he got his 10000 plus hours in on the guitar..he has a cd that he sells and he tours with some of the band he does cover music for ..i am sure the printing and sale of cd's especially covers that need copywright laws ..and then there is touring.. way to much for such a young kid right..
    I was talking about his gift ... not how much he can make with his gift. All this focus on money plays into the trap set by the controllers of money. News bulletin: people had civilization before the current money system took root. Let's take the focus back to how children can be educated now so that they can contribute to a better system tomorrow. The most direct way to a just system tomorrow is by teaching children better morality today.
    Morality has very little to do with a better understanding of the money system. If anything, pursuit of the latter damages the incubation of the former. End result: the tail wagging the dog, as it were.

Lemonade stands are about teaching discipline and morality ... not about selling goods and services to make the piggy bank heavier.

the lack of knowlege about finance and money ..is why it is so easy to enslave and con people ..if you teach kids about compound interests and how it works with credit cards ..and how if they borrow two grand on a credit card .and if the interest is high and they only pay the minimum balance ..by the time they pay it back they can pay 5 or 6 thousand dollars..

it might make it harder to give 18 year olds credit cards..but because they don't know how it works.. they start on their lives of debt slavory right away..with a credit card and a student loan ..
    Well, we don't need children then ... we need efficient little robots programmed in the ways of the existing system so that they will replace today's wage slaves when they are retired. Compound interest schemes are a form of usury, I kid you not. Mathematical derivative functions on the principal value, as it were. Do we really want our children propagating the current system and/or making minor adjustments to it ... or do we want a new paradigm?

Again, exposing the corruptions through the mind and mouth of a child ... is exactly what the power pyramid wants. It is trying to descend adults to children and elevate children to adults ... as part of its hidden agenda to dehumanize humans and convert us all into slave-wagers, market-wagers, commissioners, consumers and taxpayers. Qui bono?

__

22. View Post #13
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,189 Times
    in 1,743 Posts

as american let their children be children the rest of the world is teaching their kids to be competitive and educating them in what they need to know ..

I will leave it at.. ignorance about how the money system works was built in by the powers that be..

a lemonade stand where it won't get shut down by the local board of health.. should be a lesson in business ..putting a product together and selling for a profit .

This hole let kids be kids concept.. well when do they stop being kids ..12 18 ..25 .. when ..

If the system of money is set up so that a child can't understand it it is set up to take advantage of people ..

in the end kids learn about money.. unfortunatly for many it will be when they have a crap load of student debt that they can't pay..because they persued a degree with absolutly no value after graduation ..and went 100 grand in debt getting it ..

the powers that be have designed the system so people don't learn about money in school.. it is key to why we are where we are .. by agreeing that kids shouldn't learn about money.. you support the current system even if you don't.. the only thing that can replace this system will be another system built on taking adavantage of the ignorance of the workings of money

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odah For This Useful Post:

Dukes4monny (17th April 2012), Khaleesi (16th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

24. View Post #14
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,189 Times
    in 1,743 Posts

so i will add.. the ideal money system would be one that would make sense to a child .. as children today have a different understanding of the systems than we did.. kids around the world won't suport the system as it is ..you can only drug them and tell them they are the problem and need to be fixxed to work in the system ..for so long ..

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Odah For This Useful Post:

Dukes4monny (17th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

26. View Post #15
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 153 Times
    in 56 Posts

Before anything can be repaired, we have to first recognise that it is broken. Money separates us from each other and the environment around us.
    How do we reconnect with each other and the environment?
    We show people the utter pointlessness of the money system, not so that we can try and fix it, we just need to 'realise' that we don't need money at all............
    If a friend asks if you can give them a hand to do something, whether it's to fix their car, repair their gutters or to prepare a meal, would you even think about charging them money for doing this?
    We simply have to remember that everybody is a friend..............

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dukes4monny For This Useful Post:

Canzirka (17th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

28. View Post #16
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 153 Times
    in 56 Posts

I just found this interesting article which is probably appropriate for this thread:

A four-year-old who can already add, subtract, draw figures, write in sentences and read advanced books has become one of the youngest members of Mensa.
    Heidi Hankins sat an IQ test after nursery teachers said they were struggling to find activities to keep her challenged.

The average IQ score for an adult is 100 but the exceptional youngster achieved a staggering 159 points - just one mark shy of scientist Albert Einstein.

She beat number cruncher Carol Vorderman (154 points) and is only slightly behind Big Bang physicist Stephen Hawking (160 points).

Heidi's father Matthew, from Winchester, Hants, is hoping she can skip a year when she starts school to ensure she does not become bored.

The Southampton University lecturer, 47, said: "We always thought Heidi was bright because she was reading early. I was curious about her IQ and the results were off the scale.

"I got her the complete set of the Oxford Reading Tree books when she was two and she read through the whole set of 30 in about an hour. It's what you would expect a seven-year-old to do."

He said Heidi is a head taller than her classmates, and at 115cm (3ft 10in) more physically resembles an average six-year-old.

Dr Hankins added: "We don't push Heidi at all. She has taken up everything herself and teaches herself.

"In fact, if we try and tell her to sit down and do something she says 'no' and goes off to do her own thing.

"In every other way she is like a typical youngster, who likes to play with other children.

"She is not precocious, she is just a little girl who likes her Barbies and Lego but then you will find her sitting down and reading a book."

John Stevenage, chief executive of British Mensa , congratulated Heidi's parents for identifying her "great potential".

"We wish them well and are pleased that they have chosen to join the Mensa network for support," he said. "We aim to provide a positive environment for younger members to develop."
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/four-old-gi...203516582.html

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dukes4monny For This Useful Post:

Canzirka (19th April 2012), sandy (17th April 2012)

30. View Post #17
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 14 Times
    in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VajraYaya View Post
    Well, first, I am not religious. If you are referring to her comment on a historical document references Jesus, she was appealing to a principle not to a religious dogma. Second, the topic is one in which she has heard me talk on for a long while at our dinner tables, group gatherings with friends etc. She chose to speak on this topic of her own accord. It was initially prepped for a speech meet. My daughter has an outstanding memory. She is not a child prodigy. She simply has excellent study habits and is a solid orator. some business people heard her at the speech meet and asked her to come and speak.

As her father, I encourage her to pursue her goals and I support her in the decisions she makes that have been thought through. Should I say to her, "Torie, I understand you want to do your speech on banking but really you should focus on something more simple....like Elmo."?

I find it interesting that you and a few others express yourselves in the negative regarding other people's work etc. Instead of giving the benefit of doubt you simply doubt and look for the worst possible scenario. Either way, glad you are part of the discussion on fixing the worlds issues.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Facing42 For This Useful Post:

Amer (19th April 2012), Canzirka (19th April 2012), Dukes4monny (19th April 2012), Khaleesi (19th April 2012), Limited Edition (19th April 2012), sandy (20th April 2012)

32. View Post #18
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 14 Times
    in 4 Posts

@Zookie Monster

I am in awe of your comments. And I don't mean that in a positive way. Here is my quick point that is all encompassing:

My daughter wanted to do her school speech on banking. We agreed to support her in her choice. That is it.

Perhaps you should get over this ridiculous issue and just deal with the topic she is addressing vs whether a 12 year old should be talking about such matters.

Last edited by Facing42; 19th April 2012 at 14:05. Reason: adding more info

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Facing42 For This Useful Post:

Amer (19th April 2012), Canzirka (19th April 2012), sandy (20th April 2012), ZookieMonster (20th April 2012)

34. View Post #19
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,189 Times
    in 1,743 Posts

Facing it's good to see your responce on these forums .. i may be critical a bit of the delivery..but your daught did do well standing up and delivering the message on her own.. i guess the tone is due to memorizing it.. It is good to see your daughter taking interest in this on her own... and you willing to jump on here and respond to critcs ..

My opinion .. the more kids take interest in this .. the harder it is to keep the system going .

this let kids be kids stuff is kinda silly to me..as it is pretty easy to teach even young kids about this stuff as they tend to be very curious as to why things are the way they are .

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odah For This Useful Post:

Canzirka (19th April 2012), Khaleesi (19th April 2012), sandy (20th April 2012)

36. View Post #20
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 14 Times
    in 4 Posts

Thanks Odah! Glad to be here!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Facing42 For This Useful Post:

Amer (19th April 2012), Khaleesi (19th April 2012), sandy (20th April 2012)

38. View Post #21
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,648 Times
    in 572 Posts

I wonder if Torie had appeared in the OP in a video where she was lamenting the slaughter of baby seals would people have had the same reaction crying "Manipulative parents! Put her back in the playground!" Or if Torie had been Tony, a 12 year old boy talking about the banking system? Would it have garnered the same reaction? Just a thought.

Welcome Facing42 and that's a bright little girl you have

know thyself

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amer For This Useful Post:

Khaleesi (19th April 2012), Limited Edition (19th April 2012), sandy (20th April 2012)

40. View Post #22
    United States Senior Member Limited Edition's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times
    in 658 Posts

I found it extremely difficult to coerce my children against their will to do things publicly, and if I was successful it would certainly show publicly. I don’t see that being the case here.

Thank you for your input Facing 42 and welcome to NeXus.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Limited Edition For This Useful Post:

sandy (20th April 2012)

42. View Post #23
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,501 Times
    in 1,367 Posts

I suppose I could carry Mother Theresa on my shoulders - and at the same time pull a rickshaw carrying Credo Mutwa, Mahatma Gandhi, Rosa Parks, Bethune, Spartacus, Tesla, Joan of Arc, the man who stood down a row of tanks, and the little Dutch Boy who saved the Netherlands with his finger in it tight - and still come out badly if I continued resisting the wisdom of having a 12-year-old be the point child in raising awareness about the banking corruptions here in Canada.

So I withdraw from this pointless exercise.

I leave you good folks instead with this simple thought: the herd that carries the foal must move slowly, cautiously, and with no greater purpose than protecting the foal.

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Facing42 View Post
    @Zookie Monster

I am in awe of your comments. And I don't mean that in a positive way. Here is my quick point that is all encompassing:

My daughter wanted to do her school speech on banking. We agreed to support her in her choice. That is it.

Perhaps you should get over this ridiculous issue and just deal with the topic she is addressing vs whether a 12 year old should be talking about such matters.
    School speech? Fair enough. But please understand that posting to Youtube takes the school project to deeper waters, e.g. where small fish are a source of protein for big fish.

Last edited by ZookieMonster; 20th April 2012 at 17:03. Reason: changed term colt to more specifric term foal
    __

43. The Following User Says Thank You to ZookieMonster For This Useful Post:

noxon (20th April 2012)

44. View Post #24
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 14 Times
    in 4 Posts

Zookie, I very much appreciate your analogy of the foal. Your wisdom in that comment is taken to heart...thank you. I also agree that the school speech moved to Youtube takes it to a whole other ball park. It was a hard decision for us to post it and not one done lightly. We went over the pros and cons with our daughter and felt that this could be a good stepping stone for her to continue on her 'life' education journey. It is people like you and others on here that can be part of the community that helps protect the foal. We need to stand together for her and the other children on this planet who are going to possibly face one of the worst economic times in history. For me, I want my children to be prepared for what appears to be coming to pass....economic collapse. Thanks again for dialoguing about this topic.
    Thanks to all of you for standing up and being willing to be a voice against the corruption.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Facing42 For This Useful Post:

sandy (21st April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog